I was inspired by the baked feta cheese recipe that’s running all over the internet now and decided to make it vegan. This Vegan Baked Pasta is so simple, and a quick recipe to cook! There is nothing much to say about it. Just go and make it. It was so delicious I ate everything myself! All you have to do is cook the pasta in water, and bake the rest of the ingredients in the oven. A matter of exactly 30 minutes and you have a filling and delicious meal.
I used Italian pasta from a pasta brand called Rummo. A radiator shaped pasta. Funny name, but that’s what it is called on the packaging! This pasta has a very chewy and full texture consistency, and its shape absorbs the flavors of the roasted cherry tomatoes, vegan feta cheese, and balsamic vinegar, that are in the sauce, just perfectly! I could not stop sneaking into the kitchen for another bite lol.
This time, I also used a store-bought, coconut oil-based, vegan feta cheese, from an Israeli brand called “Mashu Mashu”. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and the texture that went well with the sauce. This vegan feta cheese had to be mixed well from time to time while baking, otherwise, the cheese won’t melt on its own. It did however get softer and become tastier combined with the sauce and the few times I had to mix it.
My honest advice is to try the recipe with this pasta and see for yourself!
Vegan Baked Tomatoes Feta Pasta
- Ovenproof casserole/dish like pyrex or cast iron skillet
- 200 Gram Vegan Feta
- 500 Gram Cherry tomatoes Some are halved and some are whole
- 10-15 Cloves Garlic Pealed
- 1-2 Shallots Chopped
- 5 Branches Fresh thyme
- 5 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tsp Sea salt
- ½ Tsp Black pepper
- 250 Gram Pasta Cooked according to instructions
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C.
- Cook the pasta in water according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a pan suitable for baking in the oven, place the feta cube in the center.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and whole garlic cloves.
- Add the thyme, olive oil, balsamic, and spices.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the tomatoes are tender. Stir occasionally while baking.
- Carefully remove the dish, add the cooked pasta. Add a little vegan mozzarella if desired and put in the oven for another 10 minutes so that the pasta absorbs flavors.
- Remove and place on serving plates. Appetite!