Vegan white chocolate blueberry financier
Although my official culinary education pretty much comes down to cooking only, I find myself drawn to baking and making vegan sweets and desserts more than anything. I constantly think about French classic desserts and try to challenge myself to make them vegan. The financier is a French tea cake that is made mostly of butter and egg whites. The following vegan recipe is definitely a small but significant step for those people who love these classic desserts and sweets and can’t find it in a vegan version in bakeries and cafes.
I really liked the result of the Classic Vegan Financier I baked and I decided to make another batch. This time I added Vegan White chocolate chips and fresh blueberries! I couldn’t help but stuff my face with this amazing Vegan treat! This time, with the same amount of butter from the classic vegan financier recipe I used 12 cupcake silicon molds, and added 3 fresh blueberries and 3 White chocolate chips to each one.
White Chocolate Blueberry Financiers
- Silicon Spatula
- 12 silicon cupcake molds
- 120 Grams Coconut oil refined or not, or vegan butter as close as possible to real butter in taste and qualities
- 120 Grams Apple puree or Vegan plain yogurt used as an egg replacer
- 70 Grams Brown Sugar
- 20 Grams Maple syrup
- 80 Grams Almond flour
- 36 blueberries (20 Gram)
- 36 chips Vegan white chocolate chips
- Few drops Vegan butter extract ( essence)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch Salt
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until incorporate.
- Mix in a different bowl all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet mix to the dry mix and stir with a spatula until fully incorporate to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter to the 12 silicon molds , about 2 tbsp each mold.
- Tap the mold gently on the surface to make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Garnish with 3 fresh blueberries and 3 small chocolate chips for each financier
- Bake in a preheated oven of 190°C for between 16-20 minutes or until the financiers are golden brown on the edges and might crack in the middle. careful not to burn:)
- Let completely cool before taking out of the mold .