The following recipe is super simple, easy, and delicious. In a few simple steps, you can dry cherry tomatoes in your home and preserve them in a jar with olive oil and fresh herbs that you like. It’s true that you can always buy it out there if there is a particular company you know. I personally really felt like making at home because they are insanely delicious when dried and made from scratch yourself. They are not only delicious on a cracker smeared with good vegan cream cheese.
you can use Sun Dried tomatoes in many ways.
It’s great for salads and small appetizers platter, sautéing with pastas you like, baking sourdough breads and incorporating in a variety of other pastries. The oil left in the jar can also be used. It is full of flavor from the herbs and flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes stored in it.
This Delicious Homemade little condiment, is so easy to make that it is going to be your next hobby – to dehydrate different fruits and vegetables! be careful! if done right it’s very addictive, the good news is that it comes with health benefits. sun-dried tomatoes are rich with powerful antioxidants!
- Baking Tray
- Glass Jar for preserving the dried tomatoes
- 1 pack Cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sea salt or Himalaya salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh Thyme, Oregano
- 1 cup Olive oil for preserving the dried tomatoes in a jar
- Wash and Cut all the tomatoes to halves.
- In a bowl mix the tomato halves with olive oil
- place on a baking tray with a parchment paper - sliced side facing up
- sprinkle sea salt all over the tomatoes.
- dehydrate in an oven on 100°C / 210°F FOR 4-5 hours the longer you go they will get more dry and hard so its up to you how chewy you want them.
- Once cooked let chill outside. find a nice container to to preserve them, and add the fresh herbs first so the will be at the bottom.
- Add the tomatoes to the container, add olive oil to the container and gently push the tomatoes down with a fork to make sure they fully covered.
- keep inside the fridge up to 3 months.