GF Vegan heart shape cookies
For a reason unknown to me, I have noticed that quite a few influencers and food bloggers, started to have a certain issue with heart-shaped foods for Valentine’s Day. “No more heart-shaped cookies!” I hear them say… Funny enough, What all these bloggers have in common, is that they are all married or have a significant other. Is this a sign of something?
Anyway, this was a funny anecdote I thought I’d share. After all, the whole point of Valentine’s tradition is to celebrate love with family, friends, and loved ones. So then, what could symbolize it better than a heart shape? In any case, I haven’t had the chance to make Valentine’s cookies or heart-shaped cookies for the blog yet. So I’m really excited to experience it haha😊
How to make gluten-free cookies
Well, there are many ingredients that can replace flour and gluten! I found this easy and awesome recipe, I made these Gluten Free Valentines Cookies in only 5 minutes, and I really enjoyed the result. Not only are they gluten-free, but they are also oil-free, and sugar-free and in general have only 4 ingredients. This recipe consists of Almond Flour and Maple Syrup only!! Everything else, like salt, Vanilla Bean Paste, or even lemon zest if you want – it’s just for flavor. So add whatever you like!
The ratio is 4:1 for almond flour to maple syrup. The recipe below will yield about 20 cookies. All that is needed is to mix the ingredients in a bowl and make sure that the mixture is not too wet. Also that it can be combined and doesn’t fall apart. If it’s too wet, add some more almond flour. And if it is too dry, you can add a drop of maple. After you cut the desired shape, you can transfer it to a mold and bake your heart-shaped cookies.
*You can check other Gluten-Free Recipes Here!
How to store gluten-free vegan cookies
Gluten-free, vegan almond cookies come out of the oven still very soft. It’s so delicious to have them a few minutes later. They cool down and get really crispy. It’s better to keep them in an airtight storage box in the refrigerator after cooling. Just notes that after a few days in the fridge, they transform into a delightfully chewy texture, almost like Vegan Macarons.
If you coat them with Vegan Chocolate Ganache, there is a chance that they will get a little softer due to the amount of moisture in the chocolate ganache. But they will still taste great. Without the chocolate ganache, the cookies can be stored for up to a week. With the chocolate ganache coating, it can be stored for two or three days.
Of course, you can make these cookies anytime. Not only for Valentine’s Day. This is an excellent recipe for quick gluten-free cookies.
Have Fun Ya’ll and Much Love!
More vegan sweets recipes
Gluten Free Valentine's Cookies
- Measuring cups
- Heart Shape Cookie Cutter Optional
- Mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Cups Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Paste Optional
- 1 Pinch Salt Optional
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a uniform mixture is obtained.
- Shape the mixture into a ball or wheel and wrap it in parchment paper
- Leave in the refrigerator to set for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Take the almond dough out of the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin when it is inside the baking paper. Roll out to get a rectangular shape half a centimeter thick.
- Using the heart-shaped cutter, cut the dough into cookies and place on the baking sheet with the baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- After it turns golden, take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
To Make The Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- Melt your favorite chocolate and vegan milk in a bain marie or in a bowl by heating in a microwave. Make sure that the amount of chocolate is double the amount of milk, that is, if you use 200 grams of chocolate, melt them with 100 grams of soy or oat milk.I used Valerona inspiration raspberry flavored chocolate coins.
- Dip the cookies in chocolate up to half of the surface of the cookie. You can decorate as you like.
- You can add candies or dried raspberry flakes immediately after dipping them in chocolate.