GF Vanilla Orange Cookies
my mom's Need for Healthier Version of Cookies:
My mom and I have always had a love for baked goods. She was never really into too much sweetness. but as we became more health-conscious, we longed for a treat aligned with our goals. During one of our kitchen improvisations, we decided to create a wholesome easy cookie that wouldn’t compromise on taste. Thus, these GF Vanilla Orange Cookies came to life.
A Shared Sweet Tooth: Seeking Health in Every Bite
In today’s fast-paced world, where health-consciousness is on the rise, finding healthier alternatives to our favorite treats has become a priority. Inspired by my mom’s quest for nutritious yet delicious desserts, I’ve crafted a gluten-free orange Vanille cookies recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your well-being. Join me as I share the story behind this delightful creation, along with the ingredients, baking process, and tips for making these cookies a perfect fit for your busy lifestyle.
What Ingredients Are Needed:
To capture the essence of a refreshing orange flavor combined with the subtle sweetness of vanilla, we’ll need the following ingredients for our GF orange Vanille cookies:
- Almond Flour: A nutrient-rich alternative to traditional wheat flour.
- Oat Flour: Adds a wholesome touch and enhances the cookie’s texture.
- Orange Zest: Infuses the cookies with a burst of citrusy aroma.
- Orange Juice: Provides natural sweetness and a zingy flavor.
- Coconut Oil: A healthier substitute for butter, lending a luscious taste.
Maple Syrup: An organic sweetener that complements the other ingredients.
- Baking Powder: Ensures the cookies rise to perfection.
- Vanilla Bean Paste: Intensifies the vanilla flavor.
- Vanilla Sugar: Adds a touch of sweetness and enhances the aroma. You can skip it if you want to keep this recipe refined-sugar free.
- Salt: Balances the flavors and brings out the natural sweetness.
Toppings and Additions You Can Include:
While these GF orange Vanille cookies are delightful on their own, you can add various toppings and additions to customize them to your liking. Here are some delicious options:
- Chocolate Chips: Add a decadent touch by incorporating dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Chopped Nuts: Enhance the texture and flavor by mixing in chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- Dried Fruits: Incorporate dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dried apricots for a burst of natural sweetness.
- Coconut Flakes: Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top of the cookies before baking to add a tropical twist.
How to Make GF Vanilla Orange Cookies:
Making these delightful cookies is a breeze. Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Step 2: In a bowl, combine the almond flour, oat flour, orange zest, coconut oil, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla bean paste, vanilla sugar, and salt.
- Step 3: Mix the wet and dry ingredients until a sticky dough forms.
- Step 4: Shape the dough into small balls using slightly wet hands and place them on the prepared baking pan.
- Step 5: Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 17-20 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack before indulging in their delightful flavors.
A Healthier Snack for Children: Guilt-Free Pleasure in Every Bite
When it comes to children’s snacks, finding a balance between taste and health is crucial. These GF Vanilla Orange Cookies offer a wonderful solution. Not only are they gluten-free, but they also contain wholesome ingredients that can be enjoyed as a healthier alternative to conventional store-bought snacks. You can skip the vanilla sugar if you also want it refined sugar free. But all in all, its only a small amount of vanilla sugar. Treat your little ones to a delightful cookie experience, knowing that you’re providing them with a nourishing treat.
Easy to Make Even for Busy People:
In today’s fast-paced world, finding time to bake can be challenging. However, this recipe caters to busy individuals who crave a homemade treat without the hassle. With minimal preparation and baking time, these cookies are perfect for a quick baking session, allowing you to enjoy freshly baked goods amidst your hectic schedule.
How to Store the Cookies:
Once you’ve relished these delectable GF orange Vanille cookies, you might wonder how to store them for later enjoyment. To maintain their freshness and flavor, follow these simple storage tips:
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing them.
- Place the cookies in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- If desired, you can layer the cookies with parchment paper to prevent sticking and preserve their shape.
- Store the cookies in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Avoid storing the cookies in the refrigerator, as this can cause them to become stale.
- These cookies can stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
GF Vanilla Orange Cookies
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Parchment paper
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Measuring cups
- 1 Scale
- 1¼ Cup Almond flour
- ½ Cup GF oat flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Orange zest
- 1 Tsp Vanilla paste
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well with a spatula.
- Wet your hands very slightly with water before rolling each cookie into a ball. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten it a little with your hands and place it in a baking dish.
- Bake the cookies until golden between 17-20 minutes. Take out and leave to cool.