italian style roasted tofu
Sometimes the simple and quick improvisations are the most delicious and fun. And that’s what can be said about this following recipe. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to cut and prep, and another 30 to 40 minutes to roast in a preheated oven. If you have patience, give it even an hour roasting time, it’ll come out amazing. It’s so easy you can hardly call it a recipe.
So what do we do?
Tofu – Cut a whole package into bite-sized rectangles.
Cherry tomatoes – cut in half.
Garlic cloves – separate the garlic cloves and do not even need to peel! The garlic will be cooked with all the flavors inside its peel and will be just like garlic confit. You will get a garlic candy taste that explodes in your mouth.
Champignon mushrooms – cut into thick slices. Of course, you can use any type of mushroom you want here.
Herbs – I just tossed fresh thyme sprigs over and another tablespoon of dried oregano. Finally, when it came out of the oven, I sprinkled fresh chopped parsley.
I mixed this whole goodness in a mixing bowl with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices and transferred it to a baking pan suitable for oven roasting. The smells in the house were just amazing!
What else can go on here: pitted Kalamata olives, artichoke a la Romana, capers, chili peppers if you like, shallots, chestnuts, and more. I used what I had at home and got a delicious meal in a matter of minutes. Also, it is rich in protein and good flavors. It can be served on legumes like cooked freekeh, quinoa, bulgur, and the like. I served alongside a delicious and fresh salad.
Italian Style Roasted Tofu
- Baking dish
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- 300 Gram Firm tofu Cut to bite-size pieces
- 12-15 Cherry tomatoes
- 10 Garlic cloves Unpeeled, separated.
- 6 Mushrooms Cut to thick slices
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Branches Fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- ½ Tbsp. Dried red chili pepper flakes
- ½ Tbsp. Salt
- ½ Tbsp. Black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. Garlic powder
- Cut and prepare all the ingredients as detailed in the recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients together well inside a mixing bowl with your hands or 2 large mixing spoons.
- Transfer everything to a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 190 ° C for 40 minutes to an hour.
- This! Ready to enjoy! You can serve with whatever you want.