Happy Sunday everyone! If you are having a Sunday at the moment …
And if it’s not a Sunday, and you just want a vegan breakfast or brunch, then there is no such thing as a perfect brunch without A Vegan French Toast. Crispy on the outside, soft and sweet on the inside. You can eat it simply with sugar or any sweetener of your choice. You can have it with any spread you like, fresh fruits, and cream of your choice. Vegan whipped cream or coconut cream.
For this recipe, I made you a vanilla-flavored cream cheese frosting. Super simple to make, but feel free to skip it if you do not have the ingredients or use something else. For this cream cheese frosting, it is important that you have vegan cream cheese with a natural taste and that it tastes good. You can also use a homemade one.
The bread you choose should preferably be challah bread or brioche bread, of course not mandatory. You are welcome to use any bread you want. whether it is gluten-free, or made from other flours. as long as the bread can absorb the plant milk batter this Vegan French Toast will come out delicious. If you want a good Challa recipe you can find it here in the link Vegan Challa Bread.
The batter is very simple to make. You can use plant milk of your choice. I used almond milk. Coconut cream and fresh or bottled orange juice, note that a store-bought juice has a lot of sugar and if you decide to use that, the sugar in the recipe should be reduced. I used fresh-squeezed orange juice. You can also replace the sugar with maple or any other sugar you choose.
So what are you making for brunch today?
Vegan French Toast
- Non-stick pan or Iron skillet
- Mixing bowl
- 3 Slices Challa bread Thick slices
- 2 Cups Plant milk
- 1 Cup Coconut cream
- 1 Cup Fresh orange juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar or Maple syrup The amount depends on the level of sweetness of the orange
- ¼ Cup Grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vegan butter For each slice - 3 Tbsp. total
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 100 Gram Vegan Cream cheese
- 100 Gram Coconut Cream Just the fat
- 1 Tsp Vanilla paste
- 4 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Put all the batter ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Cut thick slices of bread and dip each slice in the batter for 2 minutes on each side. Very much depends on how airy your bread is. If it is very dense, it will need more time in the batter until it has completely soaked.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Pan-fry the soaked Challa bread on one side for about 5 minutes until golden and then turn and fry on the other side.
- When ready, place on a paper towel and continue to fry the rest of the slices.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and beat with a hand-held electric mixer until smooth.
- Scoop some of the cream cheese frosting, and top it on the French toast along with your favorite fruits and maple syrup.
- If you want a more-stable impressive frosting, you can add instant vanilla pudding about 2 tablespoons to the mixture, and let the cream cool for about 20 minutes inside the piping bag before serving.