Hi Everyone !!
The following recipe is so delicious and fun to make. As a snack or an appetizer. especially if you have guests coming, here’s a vegan meal that simply has to be served on your table.
These pancakes have light crispiness to them on the outside. A bite that is soft and fluffy, and on the inside you’ll find a rich and delicious Mushroom Duxelles filling.
Served with a cold and refreshing vegan mint yogurt dip. One that’s so good I couldn’t stop stuffing my mouth with those little vegan pancakes. You can also serve them as a light meal with a green salad on the side.
Whilst these vegan pancakes in this recipe are filled with a Mushroom Duxelles filling, you could make and utilize any other vegan filling your heart desires. The same goes for the dip – a component that is simply a must!
The vegan yogurt dip is made from store-bought soy yogurt. Of course, it will work with any plant based yogurt you like. I also added fresh mint leaves and spices.
Stuffed Potato Pancakes
- Potato Masher
- Potato Peeler
For the Potato Pancakes
- 3 Medium Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 3-4 Tsp Potato Starch About 1 Tsp per 1 potato
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sugar
For the Yogurt Mint Dip
- 60 Grams Vegan Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 5-6 Leaves Fresh Mint Chopped
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook the potato cubes until softened.
- Once softened, drain the water and wait for it to cool for a few minutes.
- When they have cooled, put them in a bowl and mash into a completely smooth puree with a potato masher
- Now add to the mashed potatoes, potato starch, salt, pepper and sugar if desired.
- Now you can make the filling you want, for the Mushroom Duxelles recipe click here.
- When the puree is ready, take a little of the puree by hand, about 3 tablespoons and roll it by hand to form a ball. Flatten it and form a kind of bowl shape to put the filling in. Gently close and flatten with your hands to form a round pancake. Continue with all the puree and filling and place on a plate.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry each pancake on both sides to create a golden brown color on each side. Place on paper towel to absorb the oil.
For the Yogurt Mint Dip
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, dip each pancake and snack!